Friday, August 21, 2009

Can I Take Your Order?

This week I didn't have time to pack my lunch so I headed down to the Cougar Eat to find something to squash the rumbling in my stomach. I decided upon Subway because I LOVE southwest sauce. Little did I remember that this week is Education Week on Campus. This Education Week is one of the world's greatest evils. I have never seen so many old people in one place in my life. Anyway, getting back to Subway, of course the line was long. Too long. I lack the Christ-like quality of patience so this was not good for my health. So besides my frustration with old people and Mormons in mass quantity there is this frustration with people who could not order a meal to save their life. I worked in the food industry for a good 4 years of my life Papa Murphy's, Costco Food Court, BYU Catering...these were not happy years. I know a fair share about customers of the food industry. They are mean and they are stupid at the sight of food. I can't explain it. I've encountered people dumping out their nasty purses to find a dime, people leaving whole meals on the floor of the food court patio (in gnawed pieces), and a pizza cutter thief (that's a good story in itself, maybe I will blog about it later).

Again...Anyway...my point is that if you have been waiting in a 20 minute line whether it be at the Costco Food Court or at the Cougar Eat Subway you should know exactly what you want by the time you get up to the front of the line. It is not as if Subway is some new fangled place in which you have never ordered a sandwich or have never seen a commercial. It has been around since the dawn of time. This is how it should go when you get up to the girl in the visor.

"What can I get for you?"

"Six-inch ham on wheat."

"What kind of cheese?"

"Provolone."

"Would you like it toasted?"

"No."

"What kind of veggies would you like?"

"Light lettuce, pickles, banana peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and some southwest sauce."

"Can I get you anything else?"

"No, that will be all."

That is the perfect Subway scenario and that is how it is every time I go to Subway. I deserve a prize.

HOWEVER, the Cougar Eat situation this week was something far different. First off, no one was paying attention so the Subway guy had to yell "Ma'am" like six times. Then someone would tap the gabbing elderly on the shoulder to let her know it was her turn. Next, like always, they get up there and they are like I want turkey and then they don't know what kind of cheese or bread they want so Subway has to list off all the kinds of breads and cheese they offer while the person mulls over what they want, making the rest of us decisive customers wait behind them. It is not as if Subway doesn't post their variety of ingredients for all to see and make decisions upon before ordering.

Okay, that's my rant. I love people but sometimes they bug.

1 comments:

kaley andersen said...

hahaha you introduced me to southwest sauce... aw our glory days.